Course Code: MFMP-11
Prerequisite Course: Foundations of Math and Pre-Calculus 11
This course is meant for students going into arts, humanities, and other post-secondary programs not requiring calculus. Many universities and colleges in BC will accept Foundations of Mathematics 11 for general admissions. Students going into math, sciences, or engineering should take Pre-Calculus 11 instead of, or in addition to, this course.
Foundations of Math and Pre-Calculus 11 Course outline
The key concepts covered in this course are as follows:
- Measurements – rates, scale diagrams, proportional reasoning; relationships between scale factors, areas, surface areas, and volumes for 2-D and 3-D objects
- Geometry – properties of angles and triangles, the cosine and sine laws
- Logical reasoning-proving conjectures, inductive and deductive reasoning, puzzles and games that involve spatial reasoning
- Statistics – normal distributions, standard deviations, interpreting statistical data, confidence intervals, confidence levels, margin of error
- Relations and Functions – solving systems of linear inequalities, characteristics of quadratic functions\
Interested in registering for this course? Click here.
Already have a password and want to get started? Click here for your initial assignment.